ADVERTISING ON CITY VEHICLES
Businesses and individuals will coordinate with the City Planning Department and its design contractor to create advertisements that will be installed for six (6) or twelve (12) month periods. Advertiser may indicate their vehicle of choice.
RULES FOR ADVERTISING ON CITY VEHICLES:
- Advertiser must hold a City Business License throughout the term of the advertisement.
- Vehicles Available:
- Garbage Truck #1, running 8 days per month, 8 ft. x 4 ft.
- Garbage Truck #2, running 8 days per month, 8 ft. x 4 ft.
- Recycling Truck, running 8 days per month, 8 ft. x 4 ft.
- Streetsweeper, running 20 days per month, 8 ft. x 4 ft.
- Cherry Picker #1, running 20 days per month, 10 ft. x 4 ft.
- Cherry Picker #2, running 20 days per month, 10 ft. x 4 ft.
- The City reserves the right to deny any advertisement that, in the opinion of staff, may be perceived as discriminating against any ethnic group, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), or disability.
- Payment should be made to the City of Darlington.
- 50% of total is due prior to installation of four-foot ads. The remaining 50% is due within 30 days.
- 100% is due prior to installation for vehicle magnets.
- A Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fee of $40 will be charged for each returned transaction.
- Changing the advertisement information anytime during the term will incur an additional change fee of $750 per side changed, due at time of ad approval.
- Generally speaking, the regulations prohibit:
- Statements that promote unlawful activity
- Statements that are False or Untrue
- Statements that are inconsistent with Approved Product Labels
- False or Misleading Statements that are Disparaging of a Competitor’s Product
- Health-Related Statements that are False or Misleading
- Misleading Guarantees (Money-back guarantees are not prohibited)
- Other things to avoid:
- Nude or suggestive figures
- Campaign materials: local, state, or national, candidate, part or specific referendums
- If vehicles remain out of service, for repairs or for inclement weather, for more than 50% of the working days for that specific vehicle, the business will receive a credit of one month towards future advertisement or contract extension. Refunds will not be given.
These rules were approved in a unanimous vote of City Council on November 9, 2021.