welcome to the city of darlington
city hall: Monday - Friday 830AM - 5PM


business licenses
Anyone operating a commercial enterprise or doing work within the City limits is required to have a City business license.
Licenses are active from May 1 to April 30 of each year. 

Call 843-398-4000 ext. 100 for City of Darlington business license information, or stop by City Hall, 400 Pearl St., to apply.

You may access the City of Darlington Business License Form here.

Alternatively, the Standardized MASC Business License Form may be downloaded here.

Either application is acceptable to submit for consideration.

The City of Darlington requires a copy of the front of your business’s tax return or a profit & loss statement.
Both show the gross sales applicable to calculating the business license fees.

The City of Darlington requires collection of a 2% hospitality tax on prepared food and beverages.
Hospitality tax reporting forms shall be submitted on a monthly basis like sales tax. Download the form here.

SEWER LINE REPAIR: On Monday, July 15, N. Ervin St. will be closed at the Cashua St. entrance due to a sewer line repair. To access N. Ervin St., you will need to enter through the Spring St. entrance. Repair time is unknown until crews are able to break ground.