CITY OF DARLINGTON JOBS
WORKING FOR THE CITY
The City of Darlington is an equal opportunity employer that does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
OPEN CITY POSITIONS
WORKING FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Position hours: Full-time position. 12-hour rotating shifts
- Responds to emergency police situations
- Performs community-oriented proactive law enforcement work involving a variety of general or support duty assignments
- Drives or walks to observe illegal or suspicious activities
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license
- Must possess or able to obtain certification from South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Pay info: Salary based on certification status, education and experience
Applications should be filled out completely, in the applicant’s handwriting. It should also contain a current, color photograph, and must contain a copy of the following:
SC Driver’s License
Social Security Card
High School Diploma or GED
Military Records or Form DD214, if applicable
You may very easily complete our online application HERE and submit electronically. All required documents aforementioned are required at time of submission. Please email these to Assistant Chief Davis at email@example.com.
For your convenience, you may also access an application packet HERE or pick up an Application packet at the Darlington Police Department 400 Pearl Street, Darlington. To request a copy via mail, please call (843) 398-4026.
For application or job position questions, please reach out to the Police Department at (843) 398-4026.