CITY OF DARLINGTON JOBS
WORKING FOR THE CITY
City of Darlington Jobs and applications may be found here. Contact City Hall for more information. City jobs may be found on Indeed, when available.
The City of Darlington is an equal opportunity employer that does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
WORKING IN RECREATION
Athletic Assistant. This is a provisional appointment. The athletic assistant shall assist in the development/implementation and supervision of recreation programs, sports leagues, special programs/projects and other activities for all patrons. FULL DETAILS.
Maintenance Worker. The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing general maintenance duties at assigned City parks, trails, open space, and other grounds This job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays. FULL DETAILS.
WORKING IN OTHER PARTS OF THE CITY
The City of Darlington is seeking an innovative, proactive, community leader to serve as our next City Manager. Located halfway between Charlotte and Myrtle Beach in the Pee Dee Region of South Carolina, our community is nestled minutes from the intersection of Interstates 95 and 20. Darlington is a thriving community rich in history that has preserved its Southern charm with five historic districts and nearly 200 properties on the National Register of Historic Places.
As the county seat, Darlington will see more than $175 million in construction in the next year including a new County Courthouse, Historical Museum, industrial expansion at Georgia Pacific, new housing, and medical center upgrades. Darlington also serves as the headquarters for the County School District offices and is the birthplace of NASCAR with the Darlington Raceway on its outskirts.
Darlington has a Council-Manager Form of Government with a Mayor and 6 non-partisan council members, a $7.5M General Fund budget, a $4.3M Water/Sewer Budget, and roughly 90 employees.
Job Duties: The manager shall be the chief executive officer and head of the administrative branch of the municipal government. He shall be responsible to the municipal council for the proper administration of all affairs of the municipality and to that end, subject to the provisions of this chapter, he shall:
(1) Appoint and, when necessary for the good of the municipality, remove any appointive officer or employee of the municipality and fix the salaries of such officers and employees, except as otherwise provided in this chapter or prohibited by law and except as he may authorize the head of a department or office to appoint and remove subordinates in such department or office;
(2) Prepare the budget annually, submit it to the municipal council and be responsible for its administration after adoption;
(3) Prepare and submit to the municipal council at the end of each fiscal year a complete annual report on the finances and administrative activities of the municipality for the preceding year and make such other financial reports from time to time as may be required by the council or by Chapters 1 through 17;
(4) Keep the municipal council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the municipality and make such recommendations as may seem to him desirable; and
(5) Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law or required of him by the municipal council, not inconsistent with the provisions of Chapters 1 through 17 of South Carolina State Law.
Location: 400 Pearl St., Darlington, SC 29532
Position Hours: Full time, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday plus meetings in the evening as needed
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration or related field, and five or more years of progressively responsible experience in municipal management preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant management experience. MPA and HR certification are a plus. The City of Darlington seeks an individual with a background in budgeting/finance, human resources, grant administration, purchasing, and tactful communication skills.
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary and total compensation will be competitive and based on qualifications. In addition, the City offers a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply: Submit letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to Gloria Pridgen at PO Box 57, Darlington, SC 29532 or at email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply: 5 p.m. Thursday, April 29, 2021
The City of Darlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
OTHER AGENCY LINKS
WORKING FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Position Category: Patrol Officer
Position hours: Full-time position. 12-hour rotating shifts
- Responds to emergency police situations
- Performs community-oriented proactive law enforcement work involving a variety of general or support duty assignments
- Drives or walks to observe illegal or suspicious activities
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license
- Must possess or able to obtain certification from South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Pay info: Salary based on certification status, education and experience
Applications should be filled out completely, in the applicant’s handwriting. It should also contain a current, color photograph, and must contain a copy of the following:
SC Driver’s License
Social Security Card
High School Diploma or GED
Military Records or Form DD214, if applicable
You may very easily complete our online application HERE and submit electronically. All required documents aforementioned are required at time of submission. Please email these to Assistant Chief Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your convenience, you may also access an application packet HERE or pick up an Application packet at the Darlington Police Department 400 Pearl Street, Darlington. To request a copy via mail, please call (843) 398-4026.
For application or job position questions, please reach out to the Police Department at (843) 398-4026.