CITY OF DARLINGTON JOBS
WORKING FOR THE CITY
City of Darlington Jobs and applications may be found here. Contact City Hall for more information. City jobs may be found on Indeed, when available.
The City of Darlington is an equal opportunity employer that does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
WORKING IN RECREATION
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing general maintenance duties at assigned City parks, trails, open space, and other grounds.
This job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays. FULL DETAILS.
WORKING IN OTHER PARTS OF THE CITY
Vac Truck Operator.
Utilizes mechanical cleaning equipment to clean sewer lines to relieve stoppages, prepare sewer lines for televising, clean sewer manholes, clean sewer pump station wet wells and clean sewer system vortexes. FULL DETAILS.
Customer Service Representative (Utility Collections Counter)
Under general supervision, is responsible for assisting, resolving, and responding to customer concerns in person and over the phone. Duties include opening, maintaining, closing, and establishing customer accounts and records, generating, distributing, and completing work orders and communicating via cell phone with construction and field crews. Reports to the Business Manager. FULL DETAILS.
Applications are available at City Hall, 400 Pearl Street, Darlington, South Carolina 29532. Resumes will be accepted in person, by attachment to email, or via US mail. Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for the Municipal Court
Positions Category: Administrative Assistant
Positions Hours: Full-time
- Assisting the general public in person and over the phone
- Receiving, indexing and recording court case information and/or legal documents.
- Entering and updating data into department databases.Providing copies of official court and/or legal documents to the public, courts,
litigants, attorneys and other appropriate parties.
- Taking payments for court ordered fines and assessments.
- Schedule/coordinate court related functions (hearings, trials, calendars, etc.)
- Process tickets and warrants.
- Maintain files of records and protect defendants’ confidential information
- High School diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of municipal court or police experience.
- One year of office assistant experience.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office software.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Political Science.
- 1-2 years of experience using Lawtrak software.
- 3 or more years of office assistant experience.
- 2-5 years of municipal court or police experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
OTHER AGENCY LINKS
WORKING FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Position Category: Patrol Officer
Position hours: Full-time position. 12-hour rotating shifts
- Responds to emergency police situations
- Performs community-oriented proactive law enforcement work involving a variety of general or support duty assignments
- Drives or walks to observe illegal or suspicious activities
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license
- Must possess or able to obtain certification from South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Pay info: Salary based on certification status, education and experience
Applications should be filled out completely, in the applicant’s handwriting. It should also contain a current, color photograph, and must contain a copy of the following:
SC Driver’s License
Social Security Card
High School Diploma or GED
Military Records or Form DD214, if applicable
You may very easily complete our online application HERE and submit electronically. All required documents aforementioned are required at time of submission. Please email these to Assistant Chief Davis at email@example.com.
For your convenience, you may also access an application packet HERE or pick up an Application packet at the Darlington Police Department 400 Pearl Street, Darlington. To request a copy via mail, please call (843) 398-4026.
For application or job position questions, please reach out to the Police Department at (843) 398-4026.