Individuals are encouraged to do all business by phone or email during the COVID-19 outbreak.
City staff will be available by phone and email, and essential services will not be interrupted.
City offices are closed to all but staff or by appointment.
We encourage everyone to take standard precautions to stop the spread of illness:
- Get the flu vaccine
- Wash your hands
- Cover your cough
- Dispose of tissues properly
- Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection will remain on regular schedule. Questions about garbage or recycling? Call (843) 398-4035 between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- >>You may still pay your utility bill or traffic citation online here. City staff will disinfect public areas more frequently and have hand sanitizer available in public buildings.
- Darlington County Courthouse offices are available by appointment only. Please call (843) 398-4100 to schedule.
- Local Business Capacity
- Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority takes precautions during this outbreak.
- Vehicle Tax Payment Information
You may call the following numbers with service-related issues:
- Emergencies, call 911
- Business Licenses – (843) 398-4000 ext. 101
- Permits – (843) 398-4029
- Water/Sewer, Normal Business Hours, – (843) 398-4040
- Water/Sewer, After 5 p.m., – (843) 758-1127
- Fire, Non-emergency – (843) 398-4013
- Police, Non-emergency – (843) 398-4026
- Municipal Court – (843) 398-4004
- Streets & Sanitation – (843) 398-4035
- Media Inquiries – (843) 992-1561
- Guide for Disinfecting Homes
- DHEC Careline (855) 472-3432: Get answers to common questions about the Corona Virus from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
- If you are sick, MUSC Health offers a Virtual Visit to determine if you should leave home to seek medical attention if you think you may have been exposed to the Corona Virus. Use promo code “COVID19” at this link.
- AARP will host a weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall right here on Thursdays at 1 p.m. ET. Please bookmark this page and join us each week for the latest information on the coronavirus by calling toll-free (855) 274-9507.
Cancellations & Rescheduling:
- All City offices are restricted to essential personnel only.
- All City meetings are cancelled.
- All recreation activities cancelled.
- Nursing homes have restricted visitation to protect the vulnerable adults in their care based on federal guidelines. Only staff and emergency personnel will be allowed access to those individuals.
- All indoor recreational facilities are closed.
- City Court will be rescheduled.
- Most City Board and Commission meetings will be suspended.
- Details about listening in to monthly City Council meetings via telephone or Internet will be released later this week, per S.C. FOIA regulations.
- The regular City Council meeting will be livestreamed on the City of Darlington Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/DarlingtonSC for the public to watch. You do not have to have a Facebook account to view the meeting.
- We are working on a list of what businesses are operating and at what capacity. Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org or text (843) 992-1561. We will provide a link with all the details we have.