PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
Visit our Businesses page where you will find information about obtaining a business license, commercial codes and building regulations, and more.
You may view available commercial properties here.
For building permits, Call the Codes Enforcement department at (843) 398-4000 x105 or x106 for more information. Visit the Codes Enforcement page for helpful resources.
City of Darlington Zoning Ordinances, outlining what types of businesses can operate in specific areas of the city, can be found here.
The City of Darlington has been recognized as a Tree City USA for 21 consecutive years. You must call before you cut! Click here for tree and landscaping ordinances for the city.
- Application for Certificate of Appropriateness
- Application for Certificate of No Effect
- Application for Approval for a Bed & Breakfast
- Application for Zoning Compliance
- Building Permit Application & Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Hospitality Tax Form
- Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) Program Application
- Vacant Building Registration Program – Registration Form
- Vacant Building Registration Program – Plan
- Vacant Building Registration Program – Exemption Request
- City of Darlington Comprehensive Plan
- City of Darlington Comprehensive Plan 2005-2015
- Full Text of Zoning Ordinances
- Commercial Site Plan Review Checklist
- Plat Review Checklist
- Commercial Appearance Codes
- Citizen Participation Plan
- City of Darlington Floodlight Shielding & Aiming Criteria 45 degrees
- City of Darlington Floodlight Shielding & Aiming Criteria 60 degrees
- Land Development Ordinance Article 1-2, Article 3-4, Article 5, Article 6-7