**Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many recreation activities have been suspended. We hope to open our facilities as soon as it is safe to do so, as deemed by the State of South Carolina and Governor Henry McMaster. We appreciate your patience during these trying times.**
The City of Darlington has a host of recreation opportunities for its citizens, including two gymnasiums, a city pool, tennis courts, parks, and more. The Darlington Recreation Department offers many activities for children and adults, including basketball, football, baseball, softball, and soccer.
The main office for the department is located at 300 Sanders Street in the Harmon Baldwin Recreation Center. Contact Darlington Area Recreation by telephone (843) 398-4030, fax (843) 398-4031, or email ParksandRecreation@darcosc.net.
We need volunteers just like you! Apply Now!
PARKS & PLAYGROUNDS
- A.W. “Man” Stanley Gymnasium, 100 Magnolia Street
- Bill Cain Tennis Complex, Corner of Orange & Liberty Streets
- Blue Street Ball Fields, Blue Street between Spring & North Main Streets
- Bowen Manor Park, Old Florence Hwy between Avenue D & Third Street
- Frank & Mary Sue Wells Park, Corner of South Main Street & Avenue A
- Gandy Swimming Pool, 115 Gary Street
- Hampton Street Park, Corner of Hampton & Russell Streets
- Psillos Garden, North Main Street between Darlington Library & Swift Creek
- Sgt. Terrence Carraway Memorial Park, Corner of Southern Pines & Kirven Streets
- Virgil Wells Stadium, Corner of Magnolia & Bacote Streets
- Welch Stadium, 400 Wells Street behind Brunson Dargan Elementary
- West End Memorial Park, Pearl Street at Cleveland
Play BINGO and meet new friends! First Monday of the Month at 10 a.m. at Harmon Baldwin Recreation Center
Zumba with Amber Washington Cost: $5 per class 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
Low Impact Aerobics will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning at Harmon Baldwin Recreation Center, 300 Sanders St., taught by Crystal Gibson. Free. Info: 843-398-4030.
Dance with Patsy Hathcock: 843-393-4766.
Boxing with One More Round: 843-639-0096, 843-307-5116 or 843-307-6800
Exercise Room: Open during Normal Gym Hours at Harmon Baldwin Recreation Center, 300 Sanders St. Free.
The Good Times Band: Anyone who loves to sing or play an instrument is invited to join. The band performs in nursing homes and senior church groups in the area as well as for Christmas. Info: Jay Black 843-393-2465