CITY OF DARLINGTON REQUEST FOR BIDS – DOWNTOWN PAINTING PROJECT
The City of Darlington requests contractors submit bids for the following project to pressure wash, remove debris and vegetation, and paint the exterior of the following properties. Doors are to be painted gloss black.
Project Completion Date: December 31, 2022.
The successful contractor will:
- Obtain a City business license every calendar year of this contract;
- Submit a W-9 form;
- Remove debris and vegetation from the property prior to washing and painting;
- Pressure wash the exterior to remove old paint and dirt;
- Prime and Paint oil-based paint on the properties as listed above; and
- Ensure property is not damaged throughout the process.
Please submit the following with your sealed bid packet:
- Business Name and Address,
- State Business License,
- Copy of Liability Insurance,
- City Business License (if already in possession),
- Years in Business,
- Photos showing samples of work, and
- Pricing breakdown for Project A, Project B, and Both A&B together.
Packets should be labeled in care of City Planning Department, ATTN: AD CONTRACT.
Submit by 12 noon Thursday, September 22, 2022, to City Planning, P.O. Box 57, Darlington, SC 29540, or in person to City Hall, 400 Pearl St., Darlington.
Bids will be read and opened at 2 p.m. Thursday, September 22, at the City Hall, 400 Pearl St., Darlington.
Darlington City Council may reject any and all bids and will make its determination at its meeting on Tuesday, October 4.
For questions, call 843-398-4000 x103 or email email@example.com.
PROJECT A = 1 & 2
1: Approximately 172 feet in length
2: Approximately 117 feet in length
PROJECT B = 3
3: Approximately 134 feet in length – COLOR on the rear of each building, COLOR on the red brick building rear, and COLOR on the west side of 115 Cashua Street (Vaughan Insurance)
*All paint colors must be selected from a historic color palette.