REQUEST FOR BIDS – POLICE DEPARTMENT PORTABLE RADIOS
DEADLINE FOR BID SUBMISSIONS: FEBRUARY 2, 2023
BRANDS & MODELS FOR BID: KENWOOD VP6000 or MOTOROLA APX6000
ADVERTISEMENT TO BID:
The Darlington Police Department is requesting bids for 32 handheld/portable radios.
The following conditions must be met by bidding vendors. Failing to meet any of the following conditions may result in rejection of bid.
- Only new, current model equipment may be provided in fulfillment of the bid requirements. No refurbished, used, end-of-lifecycle, or discontinued items will be accepted.
- All components in each complete system delivered must meet P-25 open standards as well as being configured and installed identically upon delivery.
- Where brands or models are specified, no substitutions are allowed without approval.
- All equipment must meet warranty requirements specified in this document, and vendors must provide documentation in support of this.
- All equipment must be described in complete detail in the bid proposals, including all hardware specifications of all components. Printouts of manufacturer’s specification sheets are acceptable for meeting this requirement.
The minimum acceptable requirements for consideration are as follows:
- 1024 channels
- 1 Watt audio output for high noise environments
- Voice annunciation and custom announcement creation
- Fully ruggedized and MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F/G
- Full or Standard keypad
- Top and front display
- Built-in GPS receiver
- P25 Authentication (non-proprietary)
- Built in Bluetooth
- Man Down
- Instant Recording Relay
- Encryption Included:
- ARC4™ software encryption; compatible with Motorola ADP™
- Future growth:
- AES-256 (FIPS 140-2) Single and Multi-Key
- Battery capable of routinely operating continuously for a 12-hour shift
- Desktop charger
- Three or more programmable button high output speaker mic
- Five year warranty with Zero deductible
- Software upgrades included for the life of the radio
- Perpetual Licensing/Ownership of the software
- Radio Fleet Management Software, training and manageable at the end user level
Return sealed bids by February 2, 2023 to the Darlington Police Department 400 Pearl Street, Darlington, SC 29532
Bids will be reviewed February 3, 2023 and will be presented to City Council for final determination.
Please direct all questions to Police Chief, Jimmy Davis. 843-398-4026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Darlington Police Department reserves the right to accept or reject any and or all bids and, to waive all technicalities and formalities and to award the Contract to another other than to the low bidder, should it be deemed in the best interest of the City of Darlington Police Department.