SCARE ON THE SQUARE
The Annual Scare on the Square returns this year! The Friday before Halloween, Friday, October 27,2022, come down to the Darlington Square!
The Darlington Area Recreation Department and the Darlington Downtown Revitalization Association (DDRA) will offer children a downtown Trick-or-Treat experience from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Public Square in Darlington. Employees of area businesses will be handing out treats to costumed children, and some will be dressed in costumes themselves.
The free event provides a safe environment for children to trick-or-treat as well as giving businesses an opportunity to show their community support and open their doors to new potential customers.
The Public Square will be closed to traffic beginning at 4 o’clock for the safety of the children.
Trick-or-treat in the City of Darlington will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31.
NEW FOR 2022! Business Decorating Contest
Top three receive cash prizes.
- Get creative! Use scarecrows, pumpkins, or other items to celebrate the fall season. Incorporate a theme or your business for a better chance at the top prize. The display can be outside the business or inside the windows, but it MUST be visible from the street, i.e. without entering the shop.
- Promote on social media with the following hashtags throughout the month of October – #ddraSC #ScareontheSquare #ShopDarlington
- Any business or storefront can participate. You don’t have to be a DDRA member. (Though we would love to have you!)
- Encourage patrons to vote online! Voting opens Monday, October 24, and closes Friday, October 28. LINK TO THE SURVEY/VOTING WILL BE ON THE BUILD UP DARLINGTON FACEBOOK PAGE – CLICK HERE.
- Awards will be presented on Monday, October 31, 2022.
Download a registration form to participate here.