TREES & LANDSCAPING
The City of Darlington has been recognized as a Tree City USA for 23 consecutive years. The City tree is the oak.
City ordinance specifies that:
- No street trees shall be trimmed, cut, damaged, or removed without prior approval.
- Clear-cutting of vacant lots is not permitted without a landscaping plan approved by the Beautification Board.
- Removal of trees 48 inches in circumference or larger requires action by the City of Darlington Tree Board or confirmation of its hazardous nature by the City Arborist.
- New developments require 1 tree per 10 parking spaces.
- When leaving yard debris out for collection, please call the Sanitation Department (843) 398-4035 to alert them that pick-up is needed.
- Landscaping companies must remove debris as part of their service.
To schedule the City Arborist for approval of a hazardous tree removal, please contact the Codes Enforcement Department.
For all other questions or tree and landscaping issues, please contact the Codes Enforcement Department.